Auctionata was the leading online auction house for art and luxury collectibles. As the inventor of the livestream auction, Auctionata broadcasted auctions in real-time and provided an online auction room that was accessible to bidders worldwide. Auctionata was the biggest auction house in Germany and operated globally with offices in New York, London, Zurich, Rome and Madrid.
His area of responsibility mainly involved:
- Leading a team of 10 developers and QA engineers
- Developing new systems according to specifications
- Participated in agile development and code review processes
- Ensured quality using TDD and BDD
- Writing automated tests for various systems (including integration, unit, end-to-end and performance)
- Improving overall quality by introducing new approaches to testing
- Adopting new front-end frameworks
- Improved the team software development lifecycle and processes
- Working extensively with business owners and introduced new systems into production
- DevOps responsibilities (monitoring, deploying and supporting and troubleshooting production systems)
- Support responsibilities including supporting real-time processes
- Extensive optimization experience
- Working with various databases (relational, NoSQL, etc.)
- Improved security of developed system using mentoring, support and code reviews
- Introduced or significantly improved CI / CD processes
- Contributed to adoption of Docker and dockerization of systems in development and production
- Working and integrating with 3rd party services (payment providers, messaging platforms, salesforce, etc.)
Within a short period of time in our company, he proved himself to be an absolutely competent and experienced employee who could be assigned any task at any time as he had an expert knowledge of all areas. Combining extremely fast comprehension and highly developed methodology, he quickly found a clever and elegant solution for even the most difficult problem constellations.
Thanks to his optimistic and positive attitude, Mr. Sulayman invariably accomplished the requirements of his demanding position in an excellent fashion, even under the heaviest workload. His working method was very well planned, swift and results-oriented at all times. The work was always of excellent quality, even under changing requirements.
Mr. Sulayman impressed al all times with his very well thought-out and ambitious approach, which enabled him to fulfil the specified objectives to our utmost satisfaction at all times and within the set timeframe. He always acted single-handedly and confidently and thus at all limes was a highly reliable partner to his superiors.
He fully identified himself with his work and the company and always put them before personal gain when necessary. Thanks to his outstanding performance we were always extraordinarily pleased with him.
His attitude towards superiors, colleagues and co-workers was always excellent. Mr. Sulayman in every respect contributed to a superb and efficient teamwork.
[..] We regret his leaving very much and would like to thank him for his active and productive work in the wide range of tasks, his consistently excellent performance and very pleasant collaboration at all times. We wish Mr. Sulayman all the best and every success in his future professional and private life.